Saturday, May 21, 2011

Final Walk: Central Park Bike Ride

Wow! I can't believe that I am finished with all of the walks.  They were so much fun to do.  For my final walk I really wanted to make it the best one.  So I decided that I wanted to do it on bike.
So a group of us went and rented "Barclays" bikes this morning after breakfast.  Kaylee and I led our group (me, Kaylee, Andrea, Alison, Scott, Hilary, Alexa, Taylor, and Kelsey).  We had a lot of fun!  At first we couldn't figure out how to get the bikes out from the lock.  We didn't realize that we had to lift them up.  We finally got them to work and were on our way through the parks!  We had to make a few minor detours since we couldn't ride our bikes on every part of the path.  During our walk we had to get stopped by the royal horses and the guards who were walking through the park.  We aren't sure why they were there.... but it was fun to see! It was so fun just going on bikes through Green Park, St. James Park, and Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens.  At some parts we had to go slow since there were so many people walking through.  But, it was so fun!

My favorite walks were Regents Park Walk, Westminster Walk, and Central Parks.  Regents was my favorite because I loved the park and just the area it was in.  It was in a nice neighborhood.  I loved the pond and some of the cool bridges. I plan on going back soon! Westminster was great because it had so many of the classic London sites in it.  You could see Westminster Abbey, Big Ben/Parliament, and also London Eye along the walk.  It was just a fun place to be and I loved seeing those sites!  The Central Parks walk was so fun because we did it on bike and went through a bunch of parks.  We also saw those guards on the way, which made it so cool.  I loved these walks and want to do more!

Regent's Park Walk

Central Parks Walk
Westminster Walk
(view of area from the London Eye)

1 comment:

  1. Well, Nick, you set the record for the most expeditious completion of the walks course. Wow, you really knocked these out! It looks like you had a great time, not just with the walks but with the people who went with you. Your top three are among my favorites: the great parks just can't be beat in spring, and Westminster offers so many classic London views. Good choices.

    Thanks for being so efficient with this---and more especially for the good influence you were in the program. I've always appreciated the positive vibe and good humor you've brought to everything we've done.

    You are now officially a graduate of the London Walks course. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete